Money is arguably the best qualifier. Regardless of effort, or statements, or others, the person being willing to pay is the most powerful manifestation of interest and value.
It can be used when someone buys your product or service – which is the end goal in a sales situation – but it’s not the only method. Money can also be leveraged, for example:
- When someone buys you a gift;
- When someone takes you out for lunch or dinner (for example, managers with employees they will promote);
- When someone invests to improve the relationship with you (joining a mastermind group, joining a trip with you, others);
Naturally, the harder it is for the person to invest that money, the more qualified they will be:
- Charging both a rich and a poor person $20 will not have the same effect, as one has to work a lot harder to make that amount;
- This is precisely why, for very important people that are very wealthy, asking for their time is actually harder than asking for their money. They will easily spend $1k in a product, but hardly book time with you;