Conflicts are usually caused by a breach in someone’s personal rules, and they usually are of one of two main types (hot or cold conflicts).
In terms of personal rules, a conflict can be caused, for example, because:
- Someone disrespected, belittled or insulted someone else;
- Someone ignored someone else, or didn’t even listen to their opinion;
- Someone raised their voice or was aggressive with someone else;
In terms of conflict types, there are many reactions a person may have, but usually, conflicts are either hot or cold:
- Hot conflicts occur when someone is aggressive, calling names, intimidating, or taking similar attitudes;
- Cold conflicts occur when someone is withdrawing, or not stating what they think, or being cynical or sarcastic;